Numbers are so much fun and these little cards make the discovery of quantity and symbols more like a game! Finding items in your home that are similar to those on each card will be just the beginning of activities you can do together.
Ages 0 - 3
Looking at cards together, "find one spoon", “can you touch three keys?”
Ages 3 - 6
Collecting objects from card illustrations and matching them to the cards OR clapping together.
Ages 6 - 9
Place value/number building, reading large numbers, adding numbers, learning number facts. Building quantities and sets of number groups.
Printable companion resource sheets for working with numbers with your littles.
Links and Books
- How We Montessori, Post on introducing numbers and writing, sand activity.
- A great Introduction to numbers, “Montessori Number Work” by Bobby George
- Anno's Counting Book, Anno
- The Toy Maker’s “Mysterious Math Carnival” Printables
- An introduction to Montessori Math Materials
We hope you feel inspired to play together today.
Don't yet have an Numbers deck? Check it out in our Store!