Welcome to London!
Hi! Welcome to the Children's Public Transit Wallet Card page for London.
London is huge city in the United Kingdom in the continent of Europe.
In London, locals call their transit system "The Tube" or "Underground".
The London Underground is the world’s oldest and largest underground rail network. It serves 287 stations on 11 different lines and covers 250 miles of track.
• 8.539 million people live in London.
• More than 300 languages are spoken within London.
• The United Kingdom drinks about 165 million cups of tea a day, or 62 billion cups per year.
• The United Kingdom has an average per capita tea supply of 1.9 kg (4.18 Ibs) per year.
• City natives enjoy a pastry called the Chelsea bun.
• Tower Bridge is the most recognizable bridge on the River Thames and is often mistakenly referred to as “London Bridge”. It has stood over the River Thames in London since 1894.
• Buckingham Palace is The Queen's official London residence. It has 775 rooms. These include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms.
• There are over 100 theaters in London, including 50 in the West End.
• The world's first public zoo first opened in 1829 in London (London Zoo)
LONDON WITH KIDS
London with Kids – The 2016 Travel Guide from Little Nomads
The Oyster card is the official transit card for the London tube. Here's an actual Oyster card, next to your London card from the Children's Public Transit deck.